Cancer Program Annual Report
The Cancer Program at Lawrence General Hospital is dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality care, offering a multidisciplinary approach. Patient care services for our oncology patients are monitored by the Cancer Committee, a group of physicians and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of cancer patients.
Read: 2018 Cancer Program Annual Report
Cancer specialists at Lawrence General include dedicated physicians, surgeons, nurses, therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacists, and other allied health professionals. Medical Oncology services are provided in collaboration with the world-renowned Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care
, which provides our patients with cancer treatment that includes blood and platelet transfusion, chemotherapy, genetic consultations, access to clinical trials, and a cancer survivorship program for ongoing surveillance. In the past year, Lawrence General has also expanded its cancer services to include 3-D mammography and CT lung cancer screening.
The Lawrence General Cancer Program is accredited with the American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer. Applying for and maintaining Commission on Cancer approval is a voluntary commitment by a cancer program that ensures its patients will have access to the full scope of services required to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate, and support patients with cancer and their families.
A community cancer program with Commission on Cancer accreditation ensures that patients receive:
- Comprehensive care, including a complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment;
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options;
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options;
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education and support services;
- A cancer registry that gathers data to comply with state and national cancer reporting requirements;
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care;
- Quality care that is close to home
With our strong commitment to excellence, Lawrence General strives to continue to provide the best quality of care for patients within the community.