Monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Lawrence Community COVID-19 Testing Center
How to View Your COVID-19 Test Results
Mobile Testing Schedule in Lawrence
Hospital Visitor Policy
Outpatient Clinic Hours
Lawrence General Hospital has remained committed to safely caring for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout the public health crisis, and as we resume elective procedures in accordance with the four-phase guidance issued to hospitals by Governor Baker and the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services, our priority continues to be the health and safety of patients and staff.
We will continue following stringent infection prevention processes and implementing specific precautions to ensure a safe environment for essential patient care services. Here are some of the new changes you'll see on your next visit to Lawrence General Hospital:
- Use of masks and face coverings by everyone in the hospital
- Screening of possible COVID-19 symptoms for all incoming patients
- Separate care zones for COVID and non-COVID care
- Social distancing measures and visual prompts in reception areas and throughout the hospital
- Frequent cleanings and thorough disinfecting
- Limited visitor policy and expanded time between scheduled appointments
- Receptionist uses protective gloves to receive identification and insurance cards before removing gloves and using hand sanitizer
We hope these new proactive measures and our continued commitment to safety give you peace of mind knowing Lawrence General Hospital is prepared to safely meet your health care needs.
The process of receiving care may look different, but one thing that will never change is Lawrence General Hospital's commitment to meeting the wide-ranging health care needs of Merrimack Valley.
Common COVID-19 Symptoms
- New sore throat
- New cough
- New runny nose or nasal congestion
- New muscle aches
- New shortness of breath
- New loss of smell
Community Screening Line
Lawrence General Hospital has a COVID-19 (Coronavirus 2019) community screening resource where patients, families, and providers in the community can obtain an assessment of their COVID-19 risk, possible need for testing, and recommendations for next steps. Please call 978-946-8409 before coming to the Emergency Center to avoid risk of spreading COVID-19 if you contract symptoms.
Visitor Policy (Updated June 26)
Limited Visiting Hours: 12 – 2 pm and 4 – 6 pm Daily
- Visitors are not permitted to visit a COVID-positive patient unless the patient is end of life.
- People waiting to visit a patient should wait outside and not in hospital waiting rooms.
- Visitors under age 18 are not permitted.
- Visitors must be screened for possible COVID-19 infection.
- Each non COVID-19 patient will be allowed one adult visitor over the age of 18 and permitted, if needed, for a 30-minute increment. The visitor will remain the same person throughout the duration of a patient’s admission.
- Each End of Life COVID-19 negative patient will be allowed two adult visitors over the age of 18 and permitted for a 60-minute increment. The visitors will remain the same persons throughout the duration of the patient’s admission.
- Screening completed by hospital personnel
- Mask covering nose and mouth
- Hand sanitizer applied
Lawrence General routinely conducts reviews around our preparedness for coronavirus and have put in place safety protocols based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH).
On Campus Shuttle Service
As a precautionary social distancing measure, the hospital is temporarily suspending all shuttle services as of Monday, March 16. This includes shuttle rides for visitors, patients, and staff from the parking lots and to Marston and Canal Street.