Throughout its history, Lawrence General has received immeasurable support from people from throughout the community who volunteer their time and energy to help the Hospital fulfill its mission.
Under the direction of the Volunteer Services Coordinator, nearly 200 volunteers of all ages and backgrounds support the Hospital via an amazing 30,000+ hours per year, assisting numerous Hospital departments, staff members, visitors and patients.
- Offering support and assistance to staff, patients, and visitors on the nursing units and in Radiology, Surgical Day Care, and the Emergency Department
- Greeting visitors and providing directions in lobby reception areas
- Helping deliver trays to patient floors with the Food & Nutrition staff
- Serving as Patient Representatives, helping address needs of individual patients during their stay in the Hospital
- Helping deliver mail to departments throughout the Hospital
- Assisting with mailings, filing, and computer work in administrative offices
Volunteering at Lawrence General gives people the opportunity to meet new people and forge relationships that cross generations and cultures. Some do it as a way to show thanks for the care they or a loved one have received. Their service also helps them remain active, vital contributors to their community. For high school and college students, volunteering offers a rewarding chance to help others while learning about careers in healthcare and gaining exposure to a professional work environment.