Becoming a Volunteer
Candidates must be at least 15 years of age to serve as a Hospital volunteer.
- Interested applicants may download, complete and submit their volunteer application by mail to: Lawrence General Hospital, 1 General Street, PO Box 189, Lawrence, MA 01842-0389, Attn: Volunteer Services.
- All volunteers are required to provide records of the following immunizations in order to meet Public Health requirements: MMR, TDAP, Varicella (history, Titer or vaccine). You may download the immunization form, and have your doctor's office complete it. The form should be submitted along with your application materials.
- The hospital requires all new volunteers receive two (2) TB tests before they can begin their service. This is offered at no cost through our Occupational Health Department.
- If the Volunteer Services Coordinator feels there is a position that matches your skills, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
- If you are accepted as a volunteer, you will be asked to complete a background check. Lawrence General Hospital, pursuant to its status as a Department of Public Health licensee, conducts criminal offender record information (CORI) checks on all potential new volunteers. These CORI checks are used as a final step in the process of screening prospective volunteers. Because of our vulnerable patient population, potential access to controlled substances, and exposure to confidential information, CORI checks are mandatory for all new volunteers over the age of 18.
- New volunteers must attend a 6-hour orientation to learn about the Hospital, as well as important information on patient confidentiality and safety.
- New volunteers may serve in more than one area, but are strongly encouraged to make a long-term commitment to at least one Hospital department or service on a regular basis.
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at 978-683-4000, Ext. 2645 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org