The knowledgeable and expertly trained physicians and clinicians at Lawrence General Hospital have access to a wide array of resources and treatment options available for their patients when developing a mutually agreed-upon treatment plan. Although it can be a bit overwhelming, as part of that plan, it is sometimes decided that surgery is necessary. When a surgery decision is made, patients should be comforted to know that the Surgical Services Department at Lawrence General Hospital offers state-of-the-art technology accompanied by highly skilled clinicians offering a wide array of specialties, including but not limited to:
• minimally invasive techniques for thoracic, sinus and general surgery
• pediatric ENT and general surgery
• up-to date techniques for neurosurgery and pain control
• orthopedic surgery with an emphasis on hand, endoscopic and total joint replacement
• vascular, urological and gynecological surgeries
• lithotripsy surgery for the breakdown/removal of kidney stones
The well-rounded anesthesiology group includes 3 board certified members in pediatric anesthesia and experienced certified nurse anesthetists. The Operating Room Staff includes CNORs, RNFAs and certified surgical technicians and the SDC/PACU staff are ACLS, PALS certified. A bilingual physician liaison is also available to provide family members with up to date information on the status of the patient. Hear from LGH surgeon Pamela L. Jones, MD, and see what she thinks about performing surgeries at Lawrence General Hospital.
For more information, contact David Spofford, Interim Director, Surgical Services at 978-683-4000, Ext. 2618.