Spiritual Care Services
In keeping with the Hospital's philosophy of rendering total patient care, the Pastoral Care Department of Lawrence General offers spiritual and religious support to all patients, families and staff regardless of their race, creed, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion or economic status.
Pastoral Care works as part of the Hospital's multidisciplinary team. It is Pastoral Care's goal to provide spiritual assessment, staff support, religious connection, anointing, communion and prayer.
Our chaplains do not "treat conditions," but rather offer a listening presence that can help patients and families emotionally and spiritually. They also provide connection to the patients' religious community.
From the chaplains of Lawrence General, patients and their families can expect:
- Excellent listening skills
- Regular visits
- Support for both individuals and families
- Linking individuals and families with staff
- Religious services, sacraments and prayers
- Information and guidance regarding medical ethics, health care proxies, organ donation, end-of-life care decisions and other questions concerning spiritual care
- Grief ministry in dealing with loss or death
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
Rev. Cecilio Perez Jr. – Latino Chaplain, ext. 2349
Craig Gibson – Catholic Chaplain, ext. 2344
Rev. Jim Dodson – Protestant Chaplain, ext. 2349
Beverly Ferrante – Interfaith Chaplain/Coordinator, ext. 2349
There are also Eucharistic Ministers who volunteer to bring communion to our Catholic patients as well as Catholic priests from local parishes who remain on rotation to provide anointing of the sick.
Please click here to visit BeliefNet, an uplifting website to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness.