Employees at Lawrence General Hospital share a set of common characteristics regardless of the position they hold, their level of seniority or the role they play at the Hospital.
- First and foremost, we are caregivers. We are committed to the well-being of the patients we care for and have deep compassion for them and their families.
- We are team players who work collaboratively with our fellow staff members. It may sound trite to say it, but there's a family-like atmosphere at our Hospital. That's a function of the fact that we share common goals.
- We work hard. When you're as committed to patients as we are, there's really no other way to do it.
- We are self-starters. Procedures in a hospital are well-defined. But within that structure, we are encouraged to show initiative, and we certainly do.
- We respect the varying cultural needs of our patients and fellow workers, and we're able to thrive in a multicultural environment.
If you share these characteristics, there may well be a place for you here at Lawrence General.
Lawrence General Hospital has a new "Tobacco-Free Hiring Policy", effective March 1, 2012. Click here to review our policy.
To review current job openings at Lawrence General, click here.
Lawrence General Employees' Service Excellence Standards
Lawrence General Hospital employees are committed to practicing the following Seven Standards of Behavior in order to provide our patients with excellent care while serving as ambassadors of the hospital each and every day.
- Approach patients, visitors and staff in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Value all individual differences and cultures by demonstrating respect, dignity and a caring attitude.
- Maintain an appearance and demeanor that promotes pride, self-respect and competence.
- Listen and respond to each person's concerns promptly and professionally.
- Assume responsibility for a clean and safe work environment.
- Commit, communicate, collaborate and cooperate.
- Celebrate success.
Lawrence General Hospital offers competitive compensation and shift differential as well as an attractive benefits package including paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time, comprehensive Health and Dental insurance for employees working 24 hours or more, Tuition Reimbursement, Group Life Insurance, a 403(b) Retirement Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account for dependent care and medical expenses, discounts on Vision, Auto, Home and Pet Insurance, and discount theme park tickets throughout the summer. Employees have access to free, on-site, secure parking close to the main entrances.
To view our current job openings, click here.